Thursday, June 9, 2011

怪侠一枝梅 Guai Xia Yi Zhi Mei

Watched this Chinese drama the past weeks, and I was so hooked! The story is based on a real life person who lived in China. 


English title: The Vigilantes In Masks / Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei
Genre: Wuxia, ancient
Episodes: 30

SynopsisLi Ge Xiao is skilled in martial arts and has the brain to match it. In his former life, he was a high ranking Marshal with great law enforcement authority. But after his enemy framed him with false crime and executed his wife, he went on the run. Years later, he came out of hiding to help a former colleague recover stolen gold for disaster relief. With his new partners, thief Yan San Niang, grafter He Xiao Mei, and muscle Chai Hu, they formed a bandit called "Yi Zhi Mei" that robs the rich and the corrupted and gives to the poor and the helpless. (Source: Popularasians)


The Gang!

The positive thing with this serie is that I knew who the main actors were. It was really enjoying to see their acting skills, especially Ma Tian Yu's and Edwin Siu. Ma Tian Yu as sissy He Xiao Mei was so cute and funny^^ The other actors were also interesting and eyecandies:P
Ma Tian Yu as He Xiao Mei^^ (He looks so pretty here=O)

And Edwin Siu, I didn't recognise him at first, but I knew that I have seen his face somewhere before! Guess I was right, he has acted in Tvb dramas before, and the most memorable one for me was his character as Da Fu Ma in Can't Buy Me Love. Compared to that, he changed drastically in Yi Zhi Mei


Edwin Siu as Ying Wu Qiu 
(pics from one of my fave scenes from the series^^)
He acted as the villain in Yi Zhi Mei, and he pulled it off quite well=O He can really act as a villain. He was so evil, but at the same time I think he was charming tooxD I have always seen him in good guys roles, but this time, it was so different to see him act all evil. Haha, his all smiley personality, and suddenly an evil character. It was like totally two different persons! But I prefer him more in this kind of roles, where he is more manly and brave:P

Wallace Huo as Li Ge Xiao


Wallace Huo played the main character Li Ge Xiao. What can I say, he is too handsome! And I think the role suited him very well. 


Last words: This is a must watch drama! Especially if you love ancient series, awesome kung-fu fighting and drama! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...