Friday, November 25, 2011

Review: Bare Minerals Matte Foundation Powder

After using this for almost 1 month now, I think it's time to lay out my verdict...

Firstly, I have had good expercience with mineral foundations in powder form so I was sure that I wanted to give this a try. My skin is not fond of liquid foundation. The pores becomes visible, I get dry patches and skin flaking!! Absolutely a bad combination although I don't know why liquid foundation looks fab on my mom! It looks so natual on her skin, but on me, I look heavy maked-up-.-) 

Bare Mineals Matte Foundation is basically best suited for people with oily skin, but I think it works well for me although I have combination skin. It doesn't dry out my skin and it feels light on the skin. I don't feel like I have anything at all on my face^^ And I prefer it that way! 
They also have alot of shades to choose from. When the SA found a shade that matched my skin I was sold, I had to get this to try it out! I got Light for my match and it suits my skin perfectly. A big plus for not containing alot of ingredients and for the SPF 15! And the smart Click-lock-go system which prevents the powder leaking out if you bring it with you.

The only downside of this foundation is that sometimes I think it looks too matte on my skin..but it's not that big deal. 
Onto the rest of the review...

Coverage:
You can build up the coverage by adding more or less powder. Or you can just go over a few more times with your brush on your skin. In my opinion the coverage depends on how much of the product you use when applying the first time. If I use very much, I notice that the coverage is good. When the SA poured so much that 1/2 of the lid was covered with the powder and used that amount on my face =O, all my acne scars where covered and my skin looked so smooth and evenxD Even my sister said that:P But I don't want to use that much on a everyday basis (it seems kind of heavy), so I usually get out as much product that it covers 1/4 of the lid and I'm usually satisfied with the coverage it provides me^^ My acne scars becomes lighter and the red areas on my face is toned down. But I recommend you to use a concealer if you wish to hide acne scars, dark eye circles etc., because it does lighten your scars but not hiding them fully!


Applying:
Apply with your preferred brush. Kabuki, stippled brush, flat brush etc.,
Image from thebodyshop.com

My fave brush that I use with this foundation is Kabuki Bronzing Brush from The Body Shop. The brush is so soft and it's really nice for blending. 

Finish:
Looks natural on the skin=D. Makes your skin flawless and matte. Doesn't make you look oily or dull. Haven't noticed any dry flakes occuring on my face for the time being, and I hope it stays like that!  May look a little bit powdery if using too much (going overboard) or if the skin is not moisturised well, so be sure to use a good moisturiser beforehand^^. I think also you get a better result if used with a skin smoothing primer, although I prefer to use it without primer because they tend to clog my pores=(

Lasting power: It usually last more than 8 hours on my skin, and I don't think that I have ever felt the need for a touch-up. But that may be because I'm not that picky xD

Ingredients
Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

As seen above, it contains less ingredients compared to other foundations or Bb-creams. It doesn't contain parabens, sulfates, fragrances or dyes. I don't have to worry about pore-clogging ingredients because it contains less ingredients to suspect if it ever breaks me out!


Conclusion:
I'm satisfied with this foundation. It feels light and natural on the skin. A big plus for the small amount of ingredients it contains, SPF 15 and that the shade matches my skin perfect^^ 

Finish: 4/5
Lasting power: 4/5
Coverage: 4/5
Price: 295 NOK <--More expensive here than in the US-.-
Overall: 4/5

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...